Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Vintage Vanity

Here is another lovely lady, who was old and tired.  



My first step is to strip the top.  As I've said before, let's see what is under the hood.  I never know if I'll be able to strip & sand it well enough to refinish.  Fortunately, she looked good after that step.  

A custom mix of ASCP ( a little bit of this and little bit of that!) got me a pretty shade of blue.  



Dark Walnut stain and MissMustardseed Clear Wax.


The original hardware was in great shape....


A little fluted detail and some pretty turned legs...



She's not so old and tired anymore.  When Christine saw her, it was love at first sight!  It does my heart good to know she has found a new home!  :)

Thanks for stopping by....

Robin

Linking to:







10 comments:

  1. What an incredible shade of blue you created! It came out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! The blue did pair up nicely with the warm tones of the wood grain. I appreciate your taking the time to stop by and comment!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Blue is one of my favorite colors to paint with. It doesn't sell for me though. I have to stick to white, grey, or black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! I, too, find that Old White is the easiest to move...I am near the ocean so different shades of blue are also well received in this area.
      Thank you for letting me know you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. hi Robin
    it's turned out so beautifully. love what you do with your furniture.
    have a great weekend
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm in love at first sight too! Beautiful color and beautiful job. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! It's my pleasure 'partying' with you!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! Love the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really pretty shade of blue! And what a cute vanity!

    ReplyDelete